Saturday, October 22, 2011

Thank You, Chetan : Revolution 2020

Revolution 2020 chetan bhagat
“Dear Chetan Sir, I am gratified to you for writing such a miraculous novel like Revolution 2020. I grown up reading your earlier novels and found all of them appreciating but this one has spark. A spark to raise issues on which our community prefers to remain silent, a spark to bring revolutionary changes in India. And the way you unmasked reality the behind educational system in our country will surely make a big share of our population thinking. Apart from national issues the love story in the book touches the nerve and conveys the message that receiving is not everything in the love. It is the best threesome I ever came across to. Meaning of the love is to scarify, to give and to be happy in the happiness of others.
In cell I would like to say you thank you. Such a great volume. May lord inspire you writing more and more. Bless him almighty!”

The book impressed it before even I could open it. Title of the novel was indicating but book-cover immediately grabbed my attention. On the top Dashashwamedh Ghat in Varanasi and below a flow of emotions. Varanasi, one of the most rich cultured, ancient and hub of education system in the world since many thousands years; I could not take my eyes off for a while. I find Varanasi the second most amazing city in the world. There is something about this city. So I could better connect myself with the story. The ghats, broad Ganga in the Varanasi, temples, BHU, all the places and specially the other bank of the river took me back to my journeys to the city in past years. And if we talk about characters, be it Raghav, Aarti or Gopal; all Characters are strongly portrayed. I wonder how deeply Chetan understands things from the view of a girl. For a moment I did not feel that book is written by a man when I gone through Aarti. Friendship, love, possession, sacrifices all built very well together in one story. Somehow I could relate with the story. There are many points I became emotional. From very first to last chapter and epilogue the ride of sixteen years is earnest. It touches. Chetan knows nerve of Indian youth and he successfully hits this target. The books conveys us thoughtful messages toward our contribution to our needy society, our sick educational system and at the same time it teaches us real meaning of love. Scarifying for our love is aching sometimes but it takes love to the place out of this world. Anyone can happily spend life being with the love of life. Being happy in the happiness of love is love. And this is why I consider Gopal as the best character in the novel.
For own sake everyone would do anything, Test of the love is when you cry for the smile of someone else. And the fact is that everyone cannot pass this test. It never was easy to see the one whom you love in the arms of someone else and still smile. But who do, they reach to heights of pure love. There is a lot to talk about the book but everyone has their own outlook and I hope they will be happy to share.
Good enough for a rating of ★★★★.

Thanks, Ashish



Your valuable comments below:

2 comments:

  1. I don't like the novel much....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,
    Going with the story, in my opinion, the novel is not written much tightly. It has loose points but in the terms of characters the novel is highly rich. It just peels all off all the layers of characters, specially Gopal. What is your point of view on it?

    Thanks, Ashish

    ReplyDelete

A comment is the sign of your valuable presence; please leave one: