Monday, March 26, 2012

Remember Me with the Name



Thanks, much O friend! For traveling together,
All warm sunny days and stormy weather,
Lanterns’ luminous evident, the coast is not so far,
The purpose hath served, Look! Fell shining star!

Cruise to the shore, on deck hangs spare yacht,
Time is the only truth, take this father’s watch.
Comrade, go explore, let me slow the motion,
Allow to heave halyard, to glide far in the ocean.

But don’t grieve as I go, I shall never die,
Happiness, joy, and carnival, happily, I’d fly.
The ship sails off away the harbor,
Wave me love and farewell on my departure.

No wish of flowers on grave; nor I want fame,
The last wish which I ask - remember me with the name.


Post Comments: This poem is what I was about to present at the Penguin India Spring Festival. But at the last moment, I wrote another fresh one entitled That is Why I Dance




Your valuable comments below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment is the sign of your valuable presence; please leave one: