Monday, March 5, 2012

Learning the Secret of the Alchemy


The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho


There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.

I feel my throat too dried to be able to stare at the book anymore. I place the bookmark between pages and pour a lot of water on my dried throat. I am sick. I go and stand in front of the mirror. My face is pale and lips dehydrated. Brightness in my eyes has gone off like a lantern after its fuel ended. I wash my face to feel refresh and succeed till an extent. The only thing that I am surviving upon is few pills, some milk and few remained fruits I bought two days ago. I swallow those dark colored pills and capsules. People say they taste bitter, for me they have no taste. Everything is tasteless except only the book that is kept side by my pillow. I think of my present, I think of my past. I remember a saying from the book: Don’t think what you have left behind. I know who has written this line is a wise man. I want to follow his precious advice. I try not to think of what I have left behind.

I am not even allowed to think by the force of that precious advice. I have nothing to do – nothing except sleeping and reading. The entire day I have been doing both of the activities alternatively, each an hour. Sleeping today is more likely falling unconscious and reading today is more likely consuming drug. In every span I sleep, I dream. In every span I read, I dream. But there is difference between both of my dreams. There is a saying about dreams: Life’s most passionate dreams are seen with eyes open.  And I can sense truth of these lines. I slowly walk back to the cot. Suffering I, lay on my back and put the book in front on my eyes; once again. More than half of it I have finished and as I progress, I lose the thought of sleeping again. I read and re-read when there is a sentence of wisdom. I feel as if there is some treasure in my hands not a book. I feel vital in the burned out lantern.

There is one great truth on this planet: whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it's because that desire originated in the soul of the universe.... The soul of the world is nourished by people's happiness. As I progress I get lost in deserts of Sahara. I am destined to Pyramids of Egypt. Once the boy threw his book away in the sand where used to be ocean someday, I wish I was mounted on the camel behind him so that I could step down for a while and could read the world’s greatest lie. And I learn that – At a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That's the world's greatest lie.

Everyone should dream a lot as the old king had suggested and everyone should follow his destiny. Sometimes love comes as an obstacle in the path of their destiny and pulls their legs back. But they should know that love will never be an obstacle in the path of one’s dreams if it is true. So was told by the king. I see my own dreams – and I am going to put my heart on suffering. To follow my own destiny with The Alchemist.





Your valuable comments below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment is the sign of your valuable presence; please leave one: